Saturday, April 7, 2012

Perfect woman wannabe.


Like a “chicken and egg” problem, I don’t know whether Asian men love childish Asian women, so Asian women have to act as childish as possible, or vice versa. Compared to Americans’ taste, most Asian guys, especially Thai guys, like cute little, childlike girls more than sexy, sassy girls. 
Yoon Eun-hye from Korean drama, Princess Hours (Goong Palace), 
the example of perfect girl for Thai guys."
 So, while I love kids’ stuff, like Disney princesses and Hello Kitty, I just cannot act like lovely, little, innocent girl. It is not because I do not want to, but it is because of my shape. Five-foot-six tall Thai girl is considered to be too tall and too big in Thailand; on top of that, I also have wide shoulders and big eyes (To be a “cutie” for Thais, one has to have Korean-looking small eyes). Thus, although I tried so hard to dress like an innocent, sweet girl, such as wearing a stereotypical white laced dress and red headband like Maria in the American classic movie, West Side Story, and acted like “What is going on?” all the time, I will never look cute in Thais’ eyes. While I attempted to be a perfect girl for Thai men for almost all of my life, I just recently found the way out. Based on my Mexican friends’ tastes, I think I do not have to change that much, for they love a white skinned, big-eyed girl who has a skinny shape. That’s it! I think I have found a perfect country for me: my “hermoso” Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment